Patrick over at my new life on the run inadvertently started a a new meme about embarrassing songs on your ipod or mp3 player. While he sort of wussed out and didn’t admit to his own embarrassing songs, he did hint that he has mmmbop by Hanson on his Ipod. I figure this calls for a meme, so here goes:
I don’t often listen to music while I run. I’m a purist and enjoy the sounds of nature, the city and my own breathing while I’m running. A couple of times a week, however, I hit the treadmill before strength training at the gym. It is then that I make use of my Sansa MP3 player, crank the volume and zone out. I’ve been hitting the Flogging Molly pretty hard lately, but there are a few songs on my running playlist that I don’t readily admit to:
1) I’ll make a man out of you – Donnie Osmond (The Mulan Soundtrack)
2) Gimmie! Gimme! Gimme! (a man after midnight) – cast (Mama Mia! Soundtrack)
3) See You Again – Hannah Montana (Hannah Montana 2 Miley Cyrus)
4) Pop Princess – The Click Five (Greetings from Imrie House)
5) Rush – Aly & A.J. (Into the Rush)
and only slightly less embarrassing:
1) Holding out for a hero – Bonnie Tyler (Footloose Soundtrack)
2) Hips don’t lie – Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean (Oral fixation vol 2)
3) Don’t Stop the Music – Rihanna (Good girl gone bad; reloaded)
4) Piece of Me – Britney Spears (Piece of Me Remixes)
5) Kiss me fool – Fefe Dobson (Fefe Dobson)
So, there it is. No obscure clues – I’ve just laid it out on the line. Since Patrick started this, he must now share his most embarrassing songs. I’m also going to tag Lindsay, Jess, Glenn, Amy, Aron, and Jay.
On the running note, I took the collective advice and skipped my quality workout this morning (it was the weird “I” pace one with 30 second recoveries, so it wasn’t hard to convince myself). Instead I did yoga with my wife in the morning. I still did my 3 mile run with Alice in the afternoon. She complained the whole way, but I felt quite good.