Last night I revamped my mp3 player play list since I was feeling uninspired on the treadmill. I’ll reveal it here if you all promise not to laugh. A lot of thought went into this…
1) Flogging Molly – Float
2) Coldplay – Viva la Vida
3) Evanescence – Bring Me to Life
4) Disturbed – Inside the Fire
5) Hoobastank – Crawling in the Dark
6) The New Radicals – You Get What You Give
7) Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get it Started
8) Mama Mia Cast – Gimme! Gimme !Gimme !(A man after midnight) – told you not to laugh. It’s got a very runable beat to it.
9) Flogging Molly – Man with no Country
10) Green Day – Holiday – this one always picks me up
11) You’re Gonna Go Far Kid – Offspring
12) Flogging Molly – (Nore More) Paddy’s Lament
13) Aly & A.J. – Rush – Just remember I have 2 tween daughters
14) The Click Five – Pop Princess – Okay, I like this song more than they do.
15) Bonnie Tyler – Holding out for a Hero – works as well for running as it does for tractor fighting.
16) REO Seedwagon – Keep Pushin’
That usually gets me through 6 miles +. I’m not sure how Flogging Molly would feel about being followed up by Aly & A.J., but that’s the beauty of the mp3 player.
After 5 easy miles on the treadmill, I headed downstairs for some weight training. Since the legs have been getting hammered this week, I skipped the single leg squats and went with a somewhat easier leg workout today:
Single Leg Extensions – 2 sets with 70 lbs
Leg Adduction : 2 sets with 100 lbs
Leg Abduction: 1 set with 140 lbs
Seated Calf Raise: 2 sets with 115 lbs
Decline Press: 2 sets with 230 lbs
Wide chest press: 2 sets with 160 lbs
High Row: 2 sets with 140 lbs
Shoulder shrigs: 2 sets with 55 lb dumbells in each hand
Bicep curls: 2 sets with 40 lbs in each hand
Of course I stretched thoroughly afterward. Although I will admit that it’s been hard to find a spot on the stretching mat at the gym lately. I suppose the crowds will die down once we hit February and people fall off the New Years resolution bandwagon.